The Pantanal the largest wetland in the world.
- Located in the heart of South America, the Pantanal is a peculiar region not only for its natural beauty but also for its role in biodiversity conservation.
- The Pantanal features a large variety of landscapes. It is dominated by savannah, grasslands, wetlands, woodlands, gallery forests and lush forest islands.
- The Pantanal has two primary seasons: wet and dry. The wet season runs from november to march. The dry season runs from april to October. Each season has its own unique and wonderful properties,to entrance the visitor with the stunning beauty of the area.
- In the original portuguese, Pantanal means swamp. However, the Pantanal is not in fact a swamp, despite the immense flooded area it becomes for parts of the year.
- The floods are caused when 175 rivers that flow into the Paraguay river causing it to overflow its banks and temporarily cover the basin.
- The Pantanal is a sedimentary basin of quaternary origin covering an area of 140.000 square kilometers. It is the largest freshwater wetland in the world. Inhabited by only four thousand and five hundred people.
Pantanal the largest wetland in the world.
- The Pantanal is a unique and important source of of biodiversity. Its conservation and protection is of vital importance, not just for the people there, but for all the people of the world.